Tuesday, January 17, 2012

This blog is about... well... you see...

I live behind the scenes. Massaging one person at a time. Usually the person is asleep. My life is quiet. I swear. I do not seek out any of the weirdness that finds me. And yet...

While I do inward things like teach yoga, read, create art and music, play Words with Friends, walk, meditate, do massage, my life always turns out surprisingly eventful. I love it, of course. I think maybe my life is more eventful because I spend time being quiet. I notice when wacky stuff happens. And it is surprising what a smile will bring out. Just noticing people and animals and plants sometimes makes them more animated. Perhaps this is my greatest gift: observant audience. Beings will display their fabulous feathers when given the chance. There have been times in my life when those who I loved have not understood me. And they have not been able to understand me. But those who have loved me truly have loved and accepted me, whether they understood me or not. and that has been more than enough. This deep, intense experience has taught me that the nature of love is not necessarily understanding. It is accepting. Looking at someone with acceptance in my eyes will allow that person to be. And that is where all the fun starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment